Thank you for sharing your time to hear how the College of Science is “Harnessing Team Science for a healthier, more sustainable planet.”
The College of Science is at the heart of foundational research that leads to new knowledge. And it is the bedrock of breakthrough scientific solutions – including those aimed at shaping a healthier, more sustainable planet.
A strong, vibrant college of science is integral to a thriving research 1 university. We were thrilled to share about our inclusive, global leadership in basic, applied and transdisciplinary research that benefits society – from uncovering the interplay of climate and coastal systems, developing materials for greener energy and electronics, and solving global challenges through computation and data science.
Our students’ success is also central to who we are. Every Oregon State student comes through our doors. We measure success by how well we help all students achieve their academic, career and life goals.
Explore our research that fosters sustainability
Our college is at the heart of OSU, powering the university as a whole.
- College of Science faculty are world leaders in discovery.
- We are collaborative, inclusive team players for the entire university.
- We are transdisciplinary, building bridges from discovery to impact.
- We are student-centric, committed to inclusivity and prioritizing the success of every student taking science classes.
- And, importantly, we are passionate about preparing tomorrow’s scientists and leaders who will tackle grand challenges – first here in Oregon and then beyond.
Learn more about our participants
Building a bridge between art and science through diverse perspectives.
The largest insect collection in the Pacific Northwest with nearly three million specimens.
Aiming to improve education and success of all STEM students through peer-mentorship.
The College of Science is home to many groundbreaking centers and facilities, including the Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Facility and the Electron Microscopy Facility.
We appreciate your partnership in helping us develop tomorrow’s leaders.
Thank you again for sharing the evening with us.