Our career assistants and science career advisor specialize in helping science students determine their goals, explore career paths and providing the tools students need to identify their career interests and obtain the skills needed to be successful. Our Career Development team is ready to direct you to resources that help you gain competency in networking, professionalism and the leadership skills necessary for success in an increasingly competitive, global workforce.
Individual and group career development
The College of Science provides career development resources to you in three settings:
workshops and training events throughout the academic year hosted by both the College and individual departments.
- Drop-In hours: Monday to Friday
- 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in Kerr 110
- Students can book appointments with Career Assistants via handshake as well
If you’re ready for more tailored guidance, schedule a one-on-one with Rachel Palmer, Science Career Development Specialist. Rachel has a STEM background and excels at integrating what STEAM professionals are looking for into your resume and helping you find relevant experiences that fit your goals.
You can make an individual career planning appointment using BeaverHub or Handshake, a modern, mobile-first platform that is networked with hundreds of schools and thousands of employers across the country. By using Handshake, you have access to more (and better) opportunities, in a way that is streamlined and easy to use.
In these sessions you’ll learn to:
- Assess your work value, strengths, interests, skills and personality
- Explore career options and determine a career path best suited for you
- Connect with professionals in the field you are interested in
- Develop strategies for your job search
- Polish your resume, cover letter, interviewing skills and offer negotiation skills.
These one-on-one discussions will jumpstart your journey to a fulfilling career in science.