First-year student admission requirements
High school courses of 15 units in required subject areas.
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of mathematics
- 3 years of science
- 3 years of social studies
- 2 years of one foreign language
Also recommended: an additional unit of advanced mathematics and science
Although not required, a campus visit is strongly recommended, along with attendance at an information session.
Oregon State University has a test-optional admissions policy for first-year students. Our holistic admissions process considers the various skills, abilities and achievements of each applicant when identifying and admitting future OSU students. As part of our review, we'll be looking at:
- High school grades (including courses taken and rigor of coursework)
- Grades in any college or dual-credit courses
- Information from your application's personal statement
- Your application's essay response
- Unique experiences and diverse perspectives you bring to the table
- Special talents and achievements
Test scores, if you choose to submit them, aren't considered as the primary reason for an OSU admissions decision. But they are always considered in context and as supplemental information.