Welcome parents and families – past, current and future – to Oregon State University College of Science! The College of Science's parents, alumni and friends are a vital part of our community. Your involvement, leadership and support continue to improve the lives of our students, increase our outreach, and deepen our impact.
This page is a handy guide to everything a science parent might want to know.
- Synapse is a twice-a-year e-newsletter exclusively for parents of science students. Sign up here.
- Impact, the College of Science online magazine, features stories about our students, alumni, and faculty. You can sign-up to receive alerts whenever new articles are published.
- OSU Today is a daily newsletter covering university-wide events, news and more. Sign up here.
Follow us on social media
We'd love you to become a part of the community on any (or all!)of our social media platforms. Find us on:
START info for parents and family
Parents and families are incredibly important players in student success and in providing support. The College of Science will be hosting Parent/Family Presentation sessions to keep you informed and provide a place to get questions answered. In this hour and a half long session, you will hear from some of our college faculty and peer advisors about what we think you need to know. Sign up today to join a session!
Information about START, including frequently asked questions, can be found on the student START webpage.
Supporting students outside the classroom
We know that students may face challenges as they embark on their college careers. We hope to provide you with some useful tips to support your students.
- Help your student establish and maintain a regular routine, but be patient.
- Reduce distractions by giving your student a space and time to attend classes and meetings, to study, and to take exams.
- Encourage and (if possible) provide resources for physical activity and exercise.
- Manage stress, connect safely with friends, and be kind. To learn more, please visit the CAPS website.
- Learn more about resources at OSU
Need more information? Reach out!
While we may not have all the answers, we are here to help. If you have any additional questions that you would like to ask, please feel free to contact the Science Success Center.