The College of Science Equity Promise Scholarships are available for students who may have experienced sudden, extreme circumstances or life events that may hold up their progress to continue or complete their degree at OSU. Some examples include: unexpected medical emergency and costs; financial holds prohibiting registration; expended all financial aid just before degree completion; parent or student loss of job or income available to pay tuition.
OSU academic advisors, faculty, staff and students may nominate a student in need, or a College of Science students can request aid for themselves. Parents or legal guardians are not permitted to fill out this form on behalf of the student.
To nominate a student or yourself, review the following eligibility criteria to see if the student may be eligible. If have questions as to whether or not a student qualifies, we encourage you to submit a recommendation.
After completing the recommendation form, the student will be contacted within 24-48 business hours to schedule a meeting with the College of Science Student Success Advisor. For follow-up questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be a current OSU student enrolled in a College of Science major;
- Students must have an immediate financial hardship resulting from an emergency, accident, or other unexpected critical incident, and be able if possible to provide documentation. OR:
- Students must be within 4 academic terms of completing their degree and are struggling to finance the rest of their coursework;
- Must have a 2.0 GPA, or be able to earn a 2.0 GPA by the time of graduation;
- Must have completed at least 24 credits at OSU (or concurrently with DPP credits);
- Must be enrolled at least part-time at the time of funding;
- Students must have exhausted all possible financial aid or other financial resources in order to receive assistance (grants, student loans, OSU Emergency Loans, college savings accounts, etc.)
- Must meet with the College of Science Student Success Advisor to complete a plan for degree and funding completion;
- Priority will be given to students who have not yet received an Equity Promise Scholarship.