The College of Science Equity Promise Scholarships are available for students who may have experienced sudden, extreme circumstances or life events that may hold up their progress to continue or complete their degree at OSU. Some examples include: unexpected medical emergency and costs; financial holds prohibiting registration; expended all financial aid just before degree completion; parent or student loss of job or income available to pay tuition.
To request aid for yourself, review the following criteria to see if you are eligible. If you are unsure if you qualify, we encourage you to apply.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help determining next steps if needed.
Student eligibility requirements
- Must be a current OSU student enrolled in a College of Science major;
- Students must have an immediate financial hardship resulting from an emergency, accident, or other unexpected critical incident, and be able to provide documentation. OR:
- Students must be within 4 academic terms of completing their degree and are struggling to finance the rest of their coursework;
- Students must have exhausted all possible federal financial aid or other financial resources in order to receive assistance from this scholarship (grants, student loans, OSU Emergency Loans, college savings accounts, etc.)
- Must meet with the College of Science Student Success Coordinator to complete a plan for degree and funding completion;
- Priority will be given to students who have not yet received an Equity Promise Scholarship.