Department of Statistics
Department of Statistics
- Saming Methods
- Social Network Analysis
- Network Sampling
- Respondent-driven Sampling
- Social Science Applications of Statistics
Ph.D. Statistics, University of California, Los Angeles, 2016
B.A. Statistics, University of California, Berkeley, 2011
College strategic research areasData Science
- McLaughlin, K.R. (2022), “A Bayesian framework for modeling the preferential recruitment process in respondent-driven sampling,” Statistical Modelling, 22(3):153-174.
- McLaughlin, K.R., Johnston, L.G., Gamble, L.J., Grigoryan, T., Papoyan, A., and Grigoryan, S. (2019), “Population size estimations among hidden populations using respondent-driven sampling surveys: Case studies from Armenia,” JMIR Public Health and Surveillance, 5(1):e12034.
- McLaughlin, K.R. and EmBree, J.D. (2018), “Empirical assessment of programs to promote collaboration: A network model approach,” The Annals of Applied Statistics, 12(1):654-682.
- Layton, B., Kaya, D., Kelly, C., Williamson, K., Alegre, D., Bachhuber, S., Banwarth, P., Bethel, J., Carter, K., Dalziel, B., Dasenko, M., Geniza M., George, A., Girard, A.-M., Haggerty, R., Higley, K., Hynes, D., Lubchenco, J., McLaughlin, K.R., Nieto, F.J., Noakes, A., Peterson, M., Piemonti, A., Sanders, J., Tyler, B., and Radniecki, T. (2022), “Evaluation of a wastewater-based epidemiological approach to estimate the prevalence of SARS-CoV-2 infections and the detection of viral variants in disparate Oregon communities at city and neighborhood scales.” Environmental Health Perspectives, 130(6):067010.
- Johnston, L.G., McLaughlin, K.R., El Rhilani, H., Latifi, A., Toufik, A., Bennani, A., Alami, K., Elomari, B., and Handcock, M.S. (2015), “A novel method for estimating the size of hidden populations using respondent-driven sampling data: Case examples from Morocco,” Epidemiology, 26(6):846-852.
- Johnston, L.G., McLaughlin, K.R., Gios, L., Cordioli, M., Staneková, D.V., Blondeel, K., Toskin, I., Mirandola, M., and the SIALON II Network (2021), “Populations size estimations using SS-PSE among men who have sex with men in four European cities: How many MSM are living with HIV?” European Journal of Public Health, 31(6):1129-1136.
- Skinkis, P.A. and McLaughlin, K.R. (2022), “Pinot noir crop estimation method allows growers to estimate yields earlier than lag phase,” Catalyst: Discovery into Practice, 6(1):30-37.
- Hagerty, C.H., McLaughlin, K.R., Kroese, D.R., and Lutcher, L.K. (2021), “Phosphorus supply does not affect Fusarium crown rot of winter wheat,” PhytoFrontiers, 1(4):354-358.
- Arismendi, I., McLaughlin, K.R., and Penaluna, B.E. (2021), “The U.S. academic fisheries co-authorship network under the lens of diversity and inclusion,” Fisheries, 46(8):372-382.
- Hagerty, C.H., Lutcher, L.K., McLaughlin, K.R., Hayes, P., Garland-Campbell, K., Paulitz, T., Graebner, R.C., and Kroese, D.R. (2021), “Reaction of winter wheat and barley cultivars to Fusarium pseudograminearum-inoculated fields in the dryland Pacific Northwest, USA,” Agrosystems, Geosciences & Environment, 4(2):e20173.
- Scaggs, S.A., Gerkey, D., and McLaughlin, K.R. (2021), “Linking subsistence harvest diversity and productivity to adaptive capacity in an Alaskan food sharing network,” American Journal of Human Biology, 33(4):e23573.
- Yin, C., McLaughlin, K.R., Paulitz, T.C., Kroese, D.R., and Hagerty, C.H. (2020), “Population dynamics of wheat root pathogens under different tillage systems in NE Oregon,” Plant Disease, 104:2649-2657.
- Reeve, A.L., Skinkis, P.A., Vance, A.J., McLaughlin, K.R., Tomasino, E., Lee, J., and Tarara, J.M. (2018), “Vineyard floor management and cluster thinning inconsistently affect ‘Pinot noir’ crop load, berry composition, and wine quality,” HortScience, 53(3):318-328.
- Johnston, L.G., McLaughlin, K.R., Rouhani, S.A., and Bartels, S.A. (2017), “Measuring a hidden population: A novel technique to estimate the population size of women with sexual violence related pregnancies in South Kivu Province, Democratic Republic of Congo,” Journal of Epidemiology and Global Health, 7(1):45-53.
- Sholtz, R.I., McLaughlin, K.R., Cirillo, P.M., Petreas, M., Park, J.S., Wolff, M.S., Factor-Litvak, P., Eskenazi, B., and Cohn, B.A. (2011), “Assaying organochlorines in archived serum for a large, long-term cohort: Implications of combining assay results from multiple laboratories over time,” Environment International, 37(4):709-714.
- Oregon State University Loyd F. Carter Award for Outstanding and Inspirational Teaching in Science (Graduate)