You will need to do a few things before arriving on campus for START.
- Get your OSU ID number. This is the key to many, many things in your life at OSU. You will need your ID number to set up your ONID email account. Need help? Watch this how-to video.
- Complete your Online Math Placement Test, ALEKS (required). All first-year students must take the Math Placement test before attending START. Transfer students without transferable college algebra credit or placement credit need to take the Math Placement Test.
- Apply for housing. First-year students are required to live on campus per OSU policy. So we recommend applying for housing BEFORE you attend START.
- Say cheese! Upload your photo for your OSU student ID Card.
- Mail your final transcripts to OSU: Office of Admissions, Oregon State University, 104 Kerr Administration Building, Corvallis, Oregon 97331-2106.
- Pay all orientation fees on your student account. Review these helpful tools and learn more about your OSU student account.
- Pack your essentials. Be sure to bring a copy of your START Confirmation and Parking Pass, comfortable walking shoes, a government-issued photo ID card, a copy of your SAT and/or ACT scores or any other university transcripts; and of course, clothes and toiletries for your overnight stay. We’ll handle the rest.