Your first year will fly by. We asked some of our students about their college bucket list for the first year. Here’s what they said.
- Ask a librarian at Valley Library for help with a research project.
- Attend an event at one of OSU’s seven cultural centers.
- Cheer on the Beavers at an athletic event, whether it’s our football team, our nationally ranked basketball or baseball teams, gymnastic teams or others. Go BEAVS!
- Connect with a professor outside of the classroom.
- Find all of the science tutoring centers. You never know when you will need one.
- Do research. It is mind-blowing and brings learning to life.
- Join an Intramural Sports Team
- Check out the OSU Craft Center – from ceramics to woodworking to digital arts, papermaking and more. It’s free and a great way to manage stress.
Things to do before you graduate
Once you settle into life as a science student, there are even more things that await you. Below are some things to do before you graduate, courtesy of Beaver Digest. But don't wait until your senior year — start now.
- Visit the papusa tent at the Saturday market downtown.
- Go to the Sky High Rooftop.
- Attend random, awesome live shows at Bombs Away.
- Get Mexican food from Riva's. “The later it is, the better it tastes.”
- Wake up before sunrise on a clear Monday in June and hike Bald Hill; it'll change your whole week!
- If presented the opportunity, ALWAYS dance with Dancing Mike.
- Jump in the library fountain.
- Sneak into Reser Stadium.
- Experience either the sunrise or the sunset at Mary’s Peak, the highest point in the county and 11th in the state.
- Study abroad.
- Partake in a protest.
- Take classes that sound interesting, not just because they’re easy.
- Hold some sort of leadership position.
- Take a roadtrip.
- Explore all parts of Corvallis and the surrounding areas!
- Go to away football games.
- Yell GO BEAVS anywhere, anytime on campus just to see who says it back.