You may have heard the saying, “Find a job doing what you love, and you’ll never work a day in your life.” How do you find that kind of job? Trying different courses, engaging in different experiences and talking to career development professionals can help. To get started, you can do some reflecting.
Resources to get you started
- Roadtrip Nation Science
- iBiology.org’s career exploration in biology
- Handshake jobs powered by Feedwind. This automatic feed features current job openings.
Resources for high school students
- The ABCs of career exploration for high school students
- Science Magazine’s 2019 Career Handbook includes a list of questions to consider on page 17.
- Science Magazine offers a fun board game style tool to help you land a satisfying career. Check out the questions on the map. The content is particularly useful for advanced undergraduate students and graduate students.
- Make informed decisions about our career with the MIND Career Exploration Road Map. This tool was designed to alleviate the stress of career exploration by breaking down the process into manageable and actionable steps in a board game-style schematic.