Your first year will fly by. We asked some of our students about their “Must-Do” things during your first year. Here’s want they said.
- Ask a librarian at Valley Library for help with a research project.
- Attend an event at one of OSU’s seven cultural centers.
- Cheer on the Beavers at an athletic event, whether it’s our football team, our nationally ranked basketball or baseball teams, gymnastic teams or others. Go BEAVS!
- Connect with a professor outside of the classroom.
- Find all of the science tutoring centers. You never know when you will need one.
- Do research. It is mind-blowing and brings learning to life.
- Join an Intramural Sports Team
- Play Humans vs Zombies. It happens every fall and spring: a week-long, 24/7 game of tag where a group of “humans” attempts to survive a "zombie outbreak.” Highly addictive.
- Check out the OSU Craft Center – from ceramics to woodworking to digital arts, papermaking and more. It’s free and a great way to manage stress.
Things to do before you graduate
Once you settle into life as a science student, there are even more things that await you. Below are some things to do before you graduate, courtesy of Beaver Digest. But don't wait until your senior year, start now.
- Visit the papusa tent at the Saturday market downtown.
- Go to the Sky High Rooftop.
- Attend random, awesome live shows at Bombs Away.
- Get Mexican food from Riva's. “The later it is, the better it tastes.”
- Wake up before sunrise on a clear Monday in June and hike Bald Hill; it'll change your whole week!
- If presented the opportunity, ALWAYS dance with Dancing Mike.
- Jump in the library fountain.
- Sneak into Reser Stadium.
- Experience either the sunrise or the sunset at Mary’s Peak, the highest point in the county and 11th in the state.
- Study abroad.
- Partake in a protest.
- Take classes that sound interesting, not just because they’re easy.
- Hold some sort of leadership position.
- Take a roadtrip.
- Explore all parts of Corvallis and the surrounding areas!
- Go to away football games.
- Yell GO BEAVS anywhere, anytime on campus just to see who says it back.