Skip to main content

Stay on top of your finances

Stay on top of your finances

We want to help you understand how to best manage your finances throughout the transfer process.

Understanding the basics of paying for your education

Here are some definitions to help you understand how financial aid works for the Degree Partnership Program.

Home School: This is the school that will administer your financial aid and/or scholarships. All DPP students must have a home school.

OSU attendance only: If you are only taking classes at OSU, then OSU must be your home school.

Classes at both OSU and the partner school: Depending on your home school, each one may offer you different financial aid packages to pay for your degree. They will have different rules for DPP students accepting financial aid and scholarships, so it is important to plan ahead. Working with a financial aid advisor at your home school to understand their financial aid expectations is highly recommended.

As a DPP student, if you take classes for credit at your community college that can transfer to your home school, then the community college credits count toward your overall financial aid credit load.

Guidelines for OSU's Degree Partnership Program

  1. All DPP students are charged for their tuition and fees for the courses they are taking at each school.
  2. Tuition, billing, fees, financial aid and scholarship policies and procedures vary at each school.
  3. Your home school will communicate with your community college/partner school to determine what credits you are enrolled in and which are eligible credits that will count toward the financial aid credit load.
  4. Your financial aid will disburse directly to your student account at your home school.
  5. If your financial aid is greater than the bill from your home school, then you will receive a refund. Use the refund to pay your bill at your community college/the partner school. If your If financial aid does not cover your bill at your home school, then you will have to pay your home school and are responsible for your partner school bill.

To see if you qualify as an Oregon state resident for tuition purposes, review OSU’s residence classification policy and guidelines. Each community college determines residency using a different set of rules defined on their websites.

Minimum number of credit hours needed to receive financial aid

OSU and each community college require a minimum number of credit hours in order to process your financial aid as your home school. See the list below for the credit hour requirements. Locate your home school in the list and determine the minimum amount of credits that you need to be enrolled in at that school.

1 Credit/1 Course

  • Oregon State University
  • Central Oregon Community College
  • Chemeketa Community College
  • Clatsop Community College
  • Clackamas Community College
  • Klamath Community College
  • Linn-Benton Community College
  • Tillamook Bay Community College
  • Umpqua Community College

6 Credits

  • Blue Mountain Community College
  • Columbia Gorge Community College
  • Lane Community College
  • Mt. Hood Community College
  • Oregon Coast Community College
  • Portland Community College
  • Rogue Community College
  • Southwestern Oregon Community College
  • Treasure Valley Community College
  • Hawai’i Community College
  • Kapio’lani Community College
  • Maui Community College

Questions? We are here to help you!

Contact these offices about the DPP program, financial aid, admissions or any other concerns you have.

102 Kerr Administration Bldg
541-737-2790 or 541-737-2562

104 Kerr Administration Bldg., #1011

1500 SW Jefferson Ave.